Policy last updated 5-16-2023.
We collect personal information you provide to us. "Personal Information" refers to any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household. Examples include name, postal address, phone or fax number, email address, and account information (e.g., credit card and online registration information). We collect this information when you create an account, create a profile, use the interactive areas and features on our site, make a purchase, sign up for events, and when you email, call, or otherwise communicate with us. We adhere to the principle of data minimization and only collect information necessary to provide and improve our services to you. Any additional information you choose to provide is collected on a voluntary basis.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
We automatically receive certain types of information when you use our services or sites. This includes information collected through tools and technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and server logs. For example, when your Web browser accesses our site, we obtain certain types of information, such as your IP address, the type of browser you use, access times, and the page you visited before visiting our site. We may also collect information about your computer’s operating system and information about your usage and activity on our site. We collect this information to improve our services, understand usage patterns, and optimize user experience.
When you view a video on our site that uses Adobe Flash Player, a third party (Adobe Systems Inc.) may set a “flash cookie” on your computer. Visit Adobe Flash Player privacy and security to learn more about how Adobe Systems Inc. protects your privacy.
We also collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and to determine if an email has been opened or acted upon. We may engage third-party providers who may use Web beacons on our behalf, and their use of Web beacons will be in accordance with their own privacy policies.
PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also receive personal information about you from other sources, such as social media platforms or other third-party data aggregators, and combine or link that with information we have about you. The collection and use of information by these third parties are governed by their respective privacy policies, which we recommend you review.
OUR USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the personal information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, for example, to:
• Provide and deliver products and services, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations, invoices, updates, security alerts, recall notices, and support and administrative messages;
• Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
• Send you communications about the Company and partner products, services, offers, promotions, news, upcoming events, and geographically relevant information;
• Process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and prizes;
• Maintain and administer your account; and
• Operate and improve our sites and services.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries. We ensure that international data transfers comply with relevant laws, providing adequate protection for the privacy and rights of users.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information about you outside of the Company and its affiliates, including as follows:
• We may share personal information with third parties who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf. For example, to help you buy products and provide customer service to you, we must provide your credit card number to financial-services corporations such as credit-card processors and issuers.
• We may share aggregated or anonymized information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
• We may publicly disclose the name, city, state, and other information of contest and sweepstakes winners.
• We may post or publish anything you post on our sites when you submit comments, stories, photos, blog postings, and videos in connection with our sites or if others send us anything about your activities or postings.
• Personal information may be shared as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing or sale of company assets. It may also be shared in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets in the transaction.
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
You have certain rights and choices regarding the personal information we collect and how it's used.
• Email Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from the Company by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your purchases, account, or our ongoing business relations.
• Postal Mail: You may also change your postal mail preferences by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Information Correction & Deletion: If your personal information changes, we invite you to correct or update your information by contacting us. You can also request deletion of your personal information, and you can ask us not to share your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes by contacting us.
Please note that making these selections does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted online and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company is committed to protecting your personal information. We use commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural measures to safeguard personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. This includes using secure socket layer (SSL) technology to encrypt the transmission of sensitive information and storing your information in secure databases protected via a variety of access controls.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In case of any data breach that is likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will notify you and the relevant authorities as required by law.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) creates new consumer rights for residents of the state of California relating to the access to, deletion of, and sharing of personal information that is collected by businesses. If you are a resident of California, you have specific rights regarding your personal data.
not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13, nor do we knowingly distribute such information. We do not knowingly allow children under the age of 13 to publicly post or otherwise distribute personal information through our sites. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from someone under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personal information from children under the age of 13.
As we are committed to protecting the privacy of children, we recommend parents and guardians take time to instruct their children about safety and privacy on the internet.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA AND UK RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom (UK), you have specific rights regarding your personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These include the right to access, correct, or delete your personal data, and to transfer your data to other providers. You also have the right to object to, or restrict, certain types of processing of your personal data.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us at email@example.com. If you have a complaint about our handling of your personal data, you can also contact your local data protection authority.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Our operations are based in the United States and therefore, your data may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States. While the data protection, privacy, and other laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, we take necessary steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your data to our facilities in the United States and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this policy.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy or about our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that email communications are not always secure. Please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us.